Question
Posted by: Cary Gore | 2010-02-01

Skin

I have recently developed extremely dry skin on the inner palms of my hands and it has also resulted in my skin peeling and cracking. My hands also resemble " granny skin" , like when they have been in the water for too long.

I live in South Africa and it is summer at the moment which is usually not a problem with dry skin (this normally only occurs in the winter months). On top of this, I have NEVER had dry skin before.

Could this be caused by some " malfunction"  of the thyroid gland or any other internal cause. I am a little concerned as I have previously been diagnosed with a liver condition in which I am not able to drink (get violently ill afterwards).

Any advice on what to do to lessen the burning on my hands would also be great. Thanks!

Hallo Cary
the most common cause for this is eczema - please let your doctor have a look as you may need to use cortisone.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-01

Hallo Cary

Reply to cyberdoc