Question
Posted by: Dee | 2009/08/07

skin

I suffer from dry skin - that itches. I have a nasty habit of scratching till it bleeds. now i have a problem, The sore that forms from all the scratching wont heal. What is the best topical cream I should use?

Dee

I strongly suggest that you make an appointment with a dermatologist, in order for him/her to make a proper diagnosis of the reason for your dry skin. A series of blood tests should be done to exclude factors hypothyroidism and diabetes.

In the interim you can use oils in your bath, as well as shower gel and then apply a good body butter. Ask your pharmacist for Allergax tablets to alleviate the itching.