Question
Posted by: Bibie | 2008/05/27

SIX WEEKS PREG. PAINS LIKE MENSES

I am six weeks pregnant and for the past four days had pains and the following day had brownish discharge but dissappeared. Went to the scan, but the gaene said no traces of blood, çause she inserted an instrument into my vagina said no blood. Today had pain like menses, went to the loo, saw some blood after urinating but not much. Please help, since its my first pregnancy, and have been struggling for 3 years.

Dear Bibie
I would suggest that you contact your Gynaecologist as soon as possible and recommend that a progesterone blood test be performed. Whilst there are several reasons for intermittent vaginal bleeding in the first trimester an important cause would be corpus luteal insufficiency which can easily be remedied with progesterone support. Furthermore, the possibility of a disappearing twin should also be considered.