Question
Posted by: Patrick | 2012-04-16

Sitting in front Computer

I gym 5 days a week, 3 days weight training and 2 days cardio. I have been doing this for about 5 weeks now and I feel better then ever and started loosing weight and gaining muscle.

How ever here is my issue. My job requires me to sit in front of a computer throughout the day 9hours. I am also a gamer so I go home to sit yet again in front of my computer at home. Then I''m also studying and need to sit again. So I sit ALOT.

What can I do to prevent health risks from sitting to much?
Are their exercise I could do to limit the sitting stress on my body?

Please mail me
regards
Patrick Thomas

Hi Patrick

Yes, the curse of the 21st century! It's very difficult, and you're not alone! The bottom line is that you need to make the changes and force yourself not to sit as much. Discipline and choice, that's all it really is. There's nothing you can do while sitting, and the research shows that people who sit more have an increased risk of all kinds of diseases that are associated with inactivity. So it's absolutely imperative that you take control over this, now that you're aware of it, and change.

And youv'e already done that, well done. What you need to do is continue the training already done, and then consider whether you can increase it at all. More cardio, for example, will help offset all this time sitting - I'd go 3 days cardio, 2 weights, for example. Also, if you can walk around regularly it will help. Maybe you can get creative, set two computers up and walk from one to the other every 5 minutes. Seriously, though, it may sound gimmicky (and it is), but any activity is better than being seated, so do what you can. But as i say, it's ultimately all about choice and discipline to force change on yourself!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012-04-22

Hi Patrick

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc