Posted by: annie | 2010-03-18

sinusitis / vertigo

I''ve allways suffered from sinus and allergies. I use Deselex and Nasonex chronic. Doctor changed Nasonex to Avamist 2 months ago. Since November I started feeling dizzy. In January the doc treated me for the sinus. The dizziness got worse and I felt terribly nauseous. So I went back in Feb. Doc then said is is to do with my ears and gave me Serc. It worked wonders. But last week it all started again. I went back to doc, usual one not available, so I had to see another. She gave me antibiotics and serc again. Diagnosed Sinusitus and Vertigo. Also said if it does not get better I should go see a specialist. Now after 3 days on the medicine I am still not better, I started getting headaches again. Should I wait it out or go back? I changed offices in October, my new one is near an exit where the smokers gather. It is allways coming straight into my office and worsening the sinus. I have now asked for another office, or to have them remove the smokers permanently. Could this be part of the cause?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Annie

There seem to be a large number of factors that is having an effect on your sinusses. I suggest you see an ENT surgeon for a full examination of your nose and sinusses.

Your problem should not be so recurrent, and a cause should be looked for. This could also be tied up with your symptoms of dizzyness.