Posted by: Racoon | 2009-07-27

Sinusitis after flu?

Dear Doc

I came down with the flu around Wednesday last week. Started getting sinus pain on Saturday, with yellow mucus. Since yesterday its been quite painful over the maxillary sinus area, with some pain behind the eye, in my TMJ, also in the gland at the corner of my jaw, and in my teeth. All of this on the right side. Also, the mucus has been yellow and bloodstreaked, or otherwise watery and pink. I am taking Sinap Forte for the pain, and regularly spraying my nose with Chamiflor. Its not yet improving. Could this already be a sinus infection? or could it still clear up on its own in the next few days? Your input will be much appreciated. Thanx!

Dear Racoon
I think you have a sinus infection already and you probably need antibiotics. Try also to use drixine or iliadin nosedrops to open the nose and then rinse (sniff) salt water ( 1 cup water plus 1/2 teaspoon salt) sniff up and blow out until the water comes out clear.