Question
Posted by: Maddy | 2011-01-15

Sinusitis affecting my nose

Hi Dr. Breedt

We have two cats and since we''ve had them I''ve had endless problems with sinuses which affects my nose worst of all. I''m always sneezing and I use nasal sprays to relieve it. The main problem is the unpleasant smell which comes from my nose and it''s embarrassing in company. I''ve tried nasal irrigation but it still doesn''t seem to help. The nasal sprays I have don''t seem to work.

Could you recommend a nasal spray that will relieve the symptoms and also remove the smell? And are there any other methods that will help?

I would be grateful for your help.

Thank you.
Warm regards
Maddy

Maddy

I suggest that you use Nasonex nasal spray for the allergy. The bad smell is most probably due to infection of the sinuses and you will have to consult a doctor for a course of antibiotics.

Dr anrich Burger