Question
Posted by: Couging | 2009/12/09

Sinusitis

I was diagnosed with sinusitis last week and put on antibiotics. I finished them on Monday though and my cough is still really bad and there is lots of phlegm, don' t know what to do cause its hurting my chest to cough now.
What do you suggest?
Also, wehn would it be safe to exercise again?

Hallo Coughing
It may help to steam yourself - put boiling water into a container with a teaspoon of vicks in it, and breathe in the steam.Be careful not to burn yourself. You can also use a cough syrup to loosen the phlegm (like Benylin). If possible you can go to a physiotherapist - they can give you inhalations and treatment to get the phlegm out.
I don't think you should exercise while still coughing badly or while you have a fever.

2
Posted by: anxious | 2009/12/09

You should use a nasal spray. Didn' t you get any cough mixture you might need something like Mucospect which makes you cough up all the phlegm which you seem to have. Ask your doc for a nasal spray &  cough mixture.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/09

Hallo Coughing

Reply to cyberdoc