Posted by: Me | 2009-06-12

Dr, 2 weeks before I gave birth I was prescribed Sandoz-Co-Amoxyc1000 and Panacort cortisone for sinusits. My baby is now 2 weeks old, so a month later I am still suffering from acute sinusitis and post-nasal drip. I was told that I can only take natural remedies now, because I am breastfeeding. I bought Weleda Sinus &  Post-nasal drip remedy, but my sinusitis is only getting worse. So much so that my whole face is hurting, eyes are runny and red, sore throat, etc. WHAT CAN I TAKE WHILE BREASTFEEDING???? Thank you!

I strongly suggest that you make an appointment with an ENT specialist first, in order to have a CT scan of your sinusses taken to determine the cause of your chronic sinusitis. Treatment will depend on the results of the CT scan.