Question

sinusitis

Dear Doc
I suffer from on going headaches and blocked nose. My GP has been giving me medication such as sinutab, sinumax, sinustat and occasionally an anti-biotic when he feels my sinus' s are infected. I find it very difficult to have a restful sleep at night and I am extremely exhausted the next morning. I toss and turn as whichever side I sleep on, that nostril is totally bocked

Dear Anonymous
Please see an ENT specialist - you may have an underlying allergy or polyps in the nose and may need cortisone treatment (local cortisone like in a nose spray) and long acting anti-antihistamine. Ask them to do an IGE blood test for allergy.