Posted by: Sue | 2012-08-03

Sinus removal

Hi Doc,

I had my sinusess removed twice and for a short period the nasal drip and the funny taste in my mouth is gone.
It is time again to remove it, is it worth doing the op or am I just wasting my time because the sinus and nasal drip comes back. This always makes me so uncomforatable cuase it causes bad breath as well.

Please advise

It is probably useful to have an operation done to clear your sinusses and to promote drainage.

Posted by: Anne | 2012-08-06

No one can REMOVE your sinuses. You must have had them drained. We all need our sinuses. Perhaps you have an allergy causing the postnasal drip or you have reflux/GERD but have you been to an ENT? What was your diagnosis?

It is currently very dry dusty weather if you live in the Gauteng region and not unusual to experience sinus problems.

Reply to Anne