Question
Posted by: Janine | 2011-03-28

Sinus problems &  snoring

Dear Doc, my husband and son of 22 both have problems with sinusses and snores the roof off - for years now! My son always has a bit of a " kuggie" . Would it be advisable to first go to a GP or is it best for them to go straight to an ENT specialist (to save cost? I have heard that ENT specialists do a small operation (remove some bone or something) to open up the nasal cavity for easier breathing. NOt sure if this is there problem.
thank you
J

Hallo Janine
Your GP can do some of the basic tests and examinations (which will be cheaper for you) before sending you to the ENT for treatment. Your son may also need a lung function test as the "kuggie" is typical of some asthmatic patients. Also ask your doctor to check his IGE levels (allergy count)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-28

Hallo Janine