Posted by: Ethrecia | 2010-05-31

Sinus Problem

Good Day
I have been having bad sinusitis for over a week now. The dr prescribed strong antibiotics, cortisone and cataflam for the infection. The cataflam helped for the extreme face pain, but I am still getting teerrible pressure headaches and my mucus stays thick and yellow / green in colour. The dr recommended that I must go and see the ent for a sinus flush. If I wait will this clear up on it''s own or is it advisable for me to go for a flush?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Ethrecia

You are most likely suffering from sinusitis not responding to your current management. I agree that you need a full ENT examination to exclude other causes for your symptoms. Only then can the ENT suggest a possible sinus treatment plan. This may, or may not include a sinus procedure, as it may only be a question of altering your current medical management. Sinus washouts are only used in very stubborn cases, and only if conservative management fails.