Posted by: Lucy Card | 2010-02-19

Sinus problem

I''m 34 year old lady having a problem of sinus. I dont have a season that i can say its mine. In winter i''m bad news. In summer i''m also bad new. I''ve been trying lots and lots of sprays tablets. I dont know what iz to do.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Lucy,

You would need an ENT examination of your nose to diagnose your sinus condition, as it may range from chronic sinusitis, to allergic rhinitis. The treatment is different with every condition, but it is possible to suffer all year round. One would have to exclude allergies, and at least try to management of your condition. If you fail conservative management , a CT scan may be required to exclude any anatomical abnormalities that may contribute to poor function. Only then can one make a suggestion regarding the longterm management and possible treatment.