Posted by: dagbreek | 2011-12-15

Sinus issue?

Hi, I have a weird question... I hope you''ll be able to assist. Last night I had a runny nose and so I went to blow it and saw in the mirror white goo coming out of the inner corner of my eye.. Is this normal? I''ve never had something like this happen to me. Should I go to the GP or can I just get something at the pharmacy for it?

It is possible that you have a bacterial infection. If your eye is red and irritated with a discharge, you can consult the pharmacist for antibiotic eye drops. If the goo was only visible after blowing your nose, it is possible that mucous was pushed through the tube connecting your eye with your upper nasal passage.