Posted by: dagbreek | 2011/12/15

Sinus issue?

Hi, I have a weird question... I hope you''ll be able to assist. Last night I had a runny nose and so I went to blow it and saw in the mirror white goo coming out of the inner corner of my eye.. Is this normal? I''ve never had something like this happen to me. Should I go to the GP or can I just get something at the pharmacy for it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


It is possible that you have a bacterial infection. If your eye is red and irritated with a discharge, you can consult the pharmacist for antibiotic eye drops. If the goo was only visible after blowing your nose, it is possible that mucous was pushed through the tube connecting your eye with your upper nasal passage.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.