Question
Posted by: Gen | 2010-07-05

Sinus Headaches

I was booked off with Sinobronchitis more than 3 weeks ago, but I am still struggling with really horrible sinus headaches, to such an extent, that I cannot concentrate, what can I do for these headaches?...I have been living on and off painkillers since I was booked off...on the days I don''t keep any with me, or take painkillers early in the morning, the pain is excruciating.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Gen

You need to see an ENT for an opinion regarding the current status of your sinus infection. A full examination of the sinonasal cavity is required, and if needed, a CT scan may be required to confirm the current status. It may be needed to do a swab of the nasal cavity, to confirm that you are on the correct treatment (antibiotics), if this may be required. Reasons for your problem may be as follows:
1. Resistance against your current antibiotic management
2. Treatment dosage, and/or duration, not correct. (to short/to little)
3. Possibility of complications, that does not allow drainage of the sinus cavity.