Posted by: Eloise | 2009-07-29

Sinus Headache

I have a sinus problem (allergies) and do have treatment for it.

I sometimes get a headache behind one or other eye. Can this be a sinus headache?

Is it possible and normal for your pupils to sometimes differ a bit in size. One a bit bigger than the other. Saw this in the mirror and it freaked me out slightly.

They do dilate normally and so on depending on the light.

My last eye check a few months ago was perfect. No contacts or glasses.

Hallo Eloise
Normally pupil sizes should be the same, you may get some pupil paralysis with enlarging pupil if you have a migraine. If the pupil does not react (go smaller) when you shine light into the eye, you need to discuss with your doctor as they may need to do further tests.

Sinus pain is usually either on the cheeks just under the eyes or between the eyes. It will usually be associated with a blocked nose and yellow thick phlegm when you blow your nose.

A headache behind an eye could be due to migraine or a muscle spasm in the neck.