Question
Posted by: Matthew | 2010-03-25

Sinus and Tonsilitus

I am 31 years old and find that the left side of my tronsils is always inflammed. I also suffer from severe sinus, is is possible to have both the sinus and the tonsils removed at the same time?

Also is age an issue because alot of people says that it will be very painfulto remove the tonsils now.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Matthew

It is possible to do both procedures at the same time. Removal of tonsils at a later age is painful, so one should use appropriate medication for as long as needed. This may take from 7 to 10 days. That is about how long it will take for the nose to recover as well.Discuss this with your ENT surgeon.