Question
Posted by: Robyn | 2009/11/02

Sinus

Dear Doc,
Thank you in advance for your advice.

I seem to always have sinus issues. My nose never runs, nor do I have itchy eyes etc, although (based on my pattern of sneezing and sniffling AFTER i' ve been sick) its been suggested that I have an underlying allergic rhiinitis (spelling?!). I always wake up with an awful taste in my mouth and my poor husband probably has to deal with awful breathe each morning. I don' t feel like i have allergies, but this sinus often flares up into thick, disgusting coloured post nasal drip, which in turn seems to make my throat very sore. It usually passes in a few days during which time I take a sinus decongestant like sinuclear.

Should I be taking allergy pills constantly? I don' t like taking medication and am concerned that chronic allergy medication would not be the best thing for my health in the long run. Or is it worse to have these chronic sinus issues? I find this very frustrating and worry that I could feel a whole lot more full of energy if I didn' t have this underlying issue.

Thanks so much,
Robyn

Hallo Robyn
Symptoms of chronic allergic rhinitis are blocked nose, runny nose (watery white fluid) or itchy nose or eyes. The bad breath and taste in the mouth may be because you sleep with an open mouth (due to blocked nose Maybe?) Ask your husband if you snore?
You could try Beconase aqeous nose spray twice a day - but give it about one week time to kick in as it works slowly. Also, rinse your nose with saltwater (1 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt) sniff up and blow out - this will get rid of phlegm in the sinuses.Try to do this at least twice a day (before you use the Beconase)

2
Posted by: John | 2009/11/03

Try " Sinuend"  or " Sinucon"  tabs.

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/03

Hallo Robyn

Reply to cyberdoc