Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2009-03-31

Sinus

Good morning

I am looking for more information regarding ' pollops' . I have severe sinus and had all my pollops cut out 8 years ago. Instead of removing them again they are just going to de-bulk them.

What does this entail?

Lynne

Dear Lynne
Polyps are enlarged soft tissue lining of the nose, not a tumour, and you can't remove all the soft tissue lining from the nose, as you need this to warm the air and catch germs when you breathe. Polyps tend to grow back unless the underlying irritation, allergy, or infection is controlled. Using an aerosol corticosteroid nose spray may slow or prevent recurrences.
See also http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Polyps-nose/Pages/Introduction.aspx?url=Pages/what-is-it.aspx