Posted by: Naj | 2009-01-22

Dear Dr

I have severe sinus problems ususally have a sinus injection at my GP. I use Sinutab or sinucon

can you please suggest something else. as i think my imune system is so used to it by now it don' t work any more. i sitting at my desk right now with sinus problem.

thank you

Dear Naj
Try using Loratidine 1 at night and Beconase nose spray twice a day for a month. Don't be hasty - this will only start working after a week's use.

If the phlegm that you blow out of your nose is yellow or green, you need to also rinse your nose with salt water - this is how you do it:
Use a decongestant nose spray like Drixine in your nose - wait 5 minutes so that it can open the nasal passages. Make up a salt mixture with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup luke warm water ( boiled cooled down if possible). Sniff it up into the nose and blow out or spray into the nose with an empty Drixine bottle and blow out, until the water comes out is clear. Do this 2 (or more) times per day. (note that you can use Drixine only 12 hourly for 5 days) You can also buy special nasal saline directly from the chemist to use.
If this does not clear up the yellow phlegm you may need to ask your GP for an antibiotic prescription to add.

Posted by: s | 2009-01-22

Have u tried rinsing your nose with 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of sada and 1 teaspoon of salt with a half a liter of luke warm water.. u sniff it twice a day.. it keeps the sinus canal clean.

Reply to s