Question
Posted by: avril | 2010-09-01

single episode overeating

I don''t know where i read this but it said that if you overeat for just a couple of days that''s it, you have damaged your body, made it prone to gaining weight, messed up your metabolism.. I am thinking of times like Christmas family gatherings where we eat all sorts of yummy stuff for a few days then go back to our normal relatively healthy eating habits. I would hate to knowingly cause long term damage to myself.

Dear Avril
Occasionally overstepping the mark, like at Christmas for a few days, will not permanently damage your metabolism. You may gain some weight, but if you return to your normal eating habits and do some extra exercise to compensate for the 'fling' then your metabolism should be able to adjust back to normal. No long term damage should result if you just get back to normal eating and are active.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-02

Dear Avril