Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2009/12/02

Simply Slim - Is it for real?

I know of many people of this " wonder pil"  however I am concerned that it may be too good to be true. Has proper research been done on this diet tablet and what could the possible side effects be?

Dear Michelle
I am also doubtful about Simply Slim and if any proper research has been done on this diet tablet and its side-effects, I have not read any scientific publications about this subject. The only thing I can do for my Readers is to evaluate the ingredients in these herbal mixtures and list potential side-effects. One of my Readers did provide me with the list of ingredients in Simply Slim. Here is the evaluation: The fact that a product contains so-called 'natural' or 'herbal' ingredients is no guarantee that it is safe - some of the most potentially harmful products are made from herbs. The Bitter Orange Extract contains synephrine and is an appetite suppressant. Synephrine is a form of epinephrine that can cause a whole list of negative side-effects including palpitations, insomnia, psychotic states and wost of all, addiction. Other forms of epinephrine have been banned in over-the-counter products and I would not recommend that slimmers should use any product that contains synephrine. Cassia seed and aloe vera are laxatives that may cause loss of normal bowel movements and dehydration if taken in excess. The L-carnitine should not be taken by anyone with thyroid problems as it suppresses thyroid function.
I am not sure why the Lotus or Water Lily is being added to a slimming product because it is basically used as an aphrodisiac! It may be added to make you "feel euphoric" as the one advertisement for Blue Lotus states.
The Evening Primrose oil, and dietary fibre should not be harmful and the dextrose is probably added as a sweetener to improve the taste.
My recommendation would be not to use this kind of product and to rather stick to a low-fat, balanced diet and regular exercise to achieve safe, sensible weightloss.

15
Posted by: Jo Green | 2010/03/24

I was on simply slim along with my husband and we both never felt better. We both lost weight, drank more water and ate breakfast every day as you have to take it with food. Never used to eat breakfast before so this was also a plus. We stopped it because of all the hype and nor because we weren''t getting results. My husband has now been put on Reductil by his Doctor... the same " Reductil"  that ''Kaliel"  mentions on his posting as being the same as simply slim... what hogwash!..... my husband has definitely not had the same results on reductil as he had on simply slim. I hope it comes back on the market as I will be first in line to buy it.... it is the first product I have seen positive results on and felt so good on! I don''t blame the owner of the company for not wanting to show his face on TV when so many people are after his blood... many whopurchased the " fake"  simply slim!

Reply to Jo Green
Posted by: simply slim is a life changer | 2010/02/05

Hi all yes I am a seller of Simply Slim. At first I started selling it to earn a quick buck but soon became passionate about the product. I have over 200 clients and not one of them have complained to me that the product has harmed them in any way. I follow up with each and everyone of my clients at 2 week intervals and I have had awesome results. I have clients who are bi-polar or have thyroid problems who now have energy and have lost their weight and have now got their lives back. Colestoral, and blood pressure dependant clients who are able to stop their medication. I even have a diabetic client who has gone down from taking insulin 4 times a day to taking it once and half the dose. Now tell me you don' t think this product works. I have had nothing but praise about Simply Slim and with the way it has changed peoples lives for the better, who cares what they put in it. It works and it works well. The simple (no pun intended) fact is if you take it and you don' t feel well, ITS NOT FOR YOU! Do not blame the product, blame your body. Find something else that works for you but don' t try and take the product down just because it is not the right one for you. It has done so much for other people and some are ruining this opportunity for others. Save Simply Slim I say. We love it.

Reply to simply slim is a life changer
Posted by: Simply Slim User | 2010/02/02

I totally agree with Michelle. As I have said in my previous post, if you take the product and it doesnt work for you, well then tough luck!!!!! In one month, I have lost 5-6kg' s, not to mention the amazing centimetre loss. This produt has worked for me, and I do recommed it to a generally healthy person, and if you are unsure about anything, see a doctor! Geez, if you can afford Simply Slim, you can afford to consult a doctor!
For those that have side effects from the tablet, stop taking it, and stop whining..problem solved!
All in all, AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Simply Slim User
Posted by: H | 2010/01/28

I used one pack of simply slim in December. I have lsot 5 kgs and also managed to cycle 1200 km during the same time period so I am not sure where all these people are getting these side effects from.

Reply to H
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/01/25

I have used SS. Let me tell you IT WORKS! I use it for one month and then take a month off. I am not seriously overweight but battled for years to just get the last 5 or 6 kilos off to get to my goal. After one month on SS I had lost the 5 kilos and now just use it to maintain and hopefully shake off just a little more. In the first month I did have slight side effects of feeling giddy and shaky at times but had my blood pressure monitored (which is normally very low). I have not had further side effects in the following months. Obviously if you do experience bad side effects then don' t take it, but don' t slam it for the rest of us for whom it has done wonders. It' s not for everyone and there are some medical conditions that obviously will prevent you from taking it. I have tried many products over the years and nothing comes close to what this stuff can do. I would recommend it to any generally healthy person keen to shed some weight. It does completely remove the appetite so you need to make sure you eat small healthy meals regularly and drink plenty of water. Before using SS I would eat the same, drink the same and exercise but had no weight loss result. This has changed my life.

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Maddy | 2010/01/25

I also tried SS slim. Apart from the fact that I lost my appetie COMPLETELY, it made me feel terrible. I used to use Thinz (a loooong time ago) and it made me feel the same way as ephidrine. My mouth was dry, I was terrible aggitated, and just felt bad. I stuck it out and continued drinking my 2lt of water a day and basically force feeding myself because " you have to eat" . NO results whatsoever. Once again I wasted a lot of money on a product that does not deliver. Stick to the doc' s advise girls!!! Eat healthy and stay busy!!

Reply to Maddy
Posted by: Kaliel | 2010/01/23

I have tested simply slim in my lab ( I am a chemical pathologist) and it is basically pure sibutramine, a schedule 5 drug better known as Reductil. The guys in Pretoria marketing this stuff know its not a herbal remedy and are going to get burnt badly when people with eating disorders start abusing this stuff. Be warned, this drug has a high schedule rating for a reason - it is indicated for morbid obesity at a certain dose with a known safety profile. The content of the caps is higher than this and side effects can be serious. If there is any lesson here then DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN YOUR MOUTH THAT COMES FROM CHINA. This includes all chinese medicines and food. Their pharma laws exempt any control from export products and cases of serious side effects and even death are legion (google this topic if you do not believe me). If you are serious about your health then take note.

Reply to Kaliel
Posted by: Adeline | 2010/01/23

There is evidence that Bitter Orange Extract cause cardiovasular toxicity... Here is my story.. I' ve only been using Simply Slim for 4 months (not using it anymore...

On Monday the 5th of Jan 2010, my appendix was taken out via emergency surgery. I was discharged the Thursday morning. I started limping when I walked, but brushed it off as a discomfort from surgery. 2 days later I was admitted to Milpark Hospital (Johannesburg, South Africa), with a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombsis) in my left thigh and was also diagnosed with severe PE (Pulmonary Embolisms). I was standing on death' s front door!!! Various blood tests were done to establish whether I had any previous genetic blood disorders (PCR Genetic diseases) and were eliminated by both the Pathology Lab and the Vascular Surgeon. There was no evidence of another cause for my blood clots.

I am now wearing a compression stocking that I' ll have on for the next year. I have been placed on Warfarin medication for a year. I have to have my blood drawn and tested every few days. My new best friend has become an Anticoagulantion Clinic!!!
I am forced to wear a Medic Alert ID bracelet with this info. If I get cut, I will bleed to death faster than normal. If I fall, I must report the fall to my clinic. I bruise easily (I sound like Natasha Beddingfield)

Warfarin is serious stuff - Warfarin is a coumarin-type anticoagulant and acts by depressing synthesis of Vitamin-K dependent coagulation factors in the liver. Warfarin is used to prevent and treat harmful blood clots. This medication helps to keep blood flowing smoothly in your body by decreasing the amount of clotting proteins in the blood. Warfarin is sometimes commonly referred to as a " blood thinner,"  but its more correct term is " anticoagulant." 

SIDE-EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS:
Haemorrhage from almost any organ of the body with the consequent effects of haematomas as well as anaemia. Skin necrosis may occur. Purple toe syndrome - a reversible, sometimes painful, bluish discoloration of the toes may occur. Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach/abdominal bloating or cramps may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. This medication can cause bleeding if its effect on your blood clotting proteins is too much (unusually high PT and INR results). Even if your doctor stops your medication, this risk can persist for up to a week. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these signs of serious bleeding occur: unusual pain/swelling/discomfort, prolonged bleeding from cuts or gums, persistent nosebleeds, unusually heavy or prolonged menstrual flow, unusual or easy bruising, dark urine, black stools, severe headache, unusual dizziness. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these highly unlikely but very serious side effects occur: persistent nausea or vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing of eyes/skin. This drug may infrequently cause serious (possibly fatal) complications from the dislodging of solid patches of cholesterol from blood vessel walls which can block the blood supply to parts of your body. If left untreated, this can lead to severe tissue damage (gangrene). Seek immediate medical attention if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: painful red rash, dark discoloration of any body part (e.g., purple toe syndrome), sudden intense pain (e.g., back or muscle pain), foot ulcers, unusual change in the amount of urine, vision changes, confusion, slurred speech, one-sided weakness. A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

My CT scan report said the following...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Technique:
Post contrast through the chest as per Pulmonary Embolism Protocol.

Findings:
The central pulmonary artery appears normal. There is evidence of a filling defect in relation to the area of the left pulmonary artery, just at the level of the branch of the upper lobe segmental branch. There is the impression of thickening in relation to the segmental branch of the anterior segment of the right upper lobe with further impression of a suspicious filling defect noted in relation to the apical segmental branch.
Further evidence of eccentric pulmonary emboli noted along the right interlobar artery, continuing into the apical segmental branch of the right lower lobe. Continuing eccentric filling defect noted to extend into the right inferior pulmonary artery with defect noted inferiorly. There is evidence of a filling defect noted in relation to the lateral basal segmental branch of the right lower lobe. Further evidence of filling defect is noted in relation to the third order division branches to the posterobasal segment of the right lower lobe. The upper lobe segmental branch appears to be intact.
The left pulmonary arteryappears to be well opacified. There is evidence of eccentric clot in relation to the lateral wall of the left inferior pulmonary artery which is noted to continue inferiorly into the segmental branches of the anteromedial basal and laterobasal segmental branches.

The aortic arch and the rest of the thoracic aorta appears normal in calibre. The heart and chambers seem to be within normal limits. No pleural effusions or segmental atelectasis or pleauroparenchymal infarcts are noted.

The visualized liver, spleen, pancreas and upper poles of both kidneys appear to be normal. The intrahepatic IVC appears to be patent. Delayed scan performed through the lower abdomen and pelvis.

There is evidence of a filling defect in relation to the left common iliac just beyond the bifurcation just beyond the confluence with clot noted to extend o the left external iliac and left internal iliacs.
Clot noted in relation to left common femoral and left superficial femoral veins. The pelvic structures appear to be within normal limits.

There is evidence of multiple acute pulmonary emboli in relation to both lungs.
These were noted to involve predominantly the segmental and subsegmental order division branches. There is however clot noted in relation to the right inferior, right interlobar and left inferior pulmonary arteries.

Extensive clot noted to extend from the left common iliac vein distally.

DR J SARAWAN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In layman' s terms... I am lucky to be here! The clots in my thigh extends all the way from below my knee to my pelvis - ONS SOLID CLOT in my main artery. The other clots has already traveled trough my body, through my HEART and is now stuck just outside of my heart in my main pulmonary artery outside my lungs... several other ones are already inside of my lungs.

Reply to Adeline
Posted by: Vee | 2010/01/20

I have had some very serious side effects on this pill. The first month was great, no side effects other than the normal detox regime but in my sixth week my body decided to throw in the towel! Simply Slim have not had the decency to answer one of my urgent e-mails. Yesterday I went back to the young (rather inexperienced) salesman at Cavendish Square who gave me a certain gentleman to contact (he too has not not answered my SMS' s) his cell phone just rings. I did however manage to make contact with a very helpful lady called Terry who went over my eating plan with me, it appears that I have been eating way too little food, whether this can cause all the serious side effects I have experienced will be the ' proof of the pudding'  if I start again She has asked me to try a 3 day test following her eating plan. I got cold feet this morning when I was about to swallow that innocent looking pill, sorry Terry! I will however try again tomorrow! It is not easy to take this step when you have have had some of the side effects I have. And yes I did loose weight in those six weeks which might be the temptation to try one more time...might. I must warn people not just to buy this product without consulting a Dr. there definitely seems to be something in this pill which might be very detrimental to your health.
Like with all things, some things works for some people and some not. It is good for people to view the side effects, this might just save somebody' s life. Just this morning somebody in my office wanted to start with SS, I suggested she phone her DR. first as she has Asthma, she did straight away, and has been told not to touch SS. I have also checked to see if the registartion number on the website is registered with the Medical Council, so far no records for this product can be found. Good luck!

Reply to Vee
Posted by: Simply Slim User | 2010/01/20

Hi. I am a user of Simply Slim, and have experienced NONE of the side effects mentioned. I have spoken to the doctor about this tablet, and if used correctly, is perfectly safe! i.e dont starve yourself, and if you are on other medication, find out if you can take the stuff!!!! I have been on these tablets for a month, and have never felt better!!!
For those who are able to bash the product BEFORE trying it, have no basis on which to base your argument, and for those who have tried it, and have had bad reactions, should consult their doctors to find out other underlying factors.
There are people who have had amazing results from this product, and for those of you who didnt, oh well, its another diet/diet pill to add to the list! But dont go making unjustified claims about something you havent tried!

Reply to Simply Slim User

Dear Michelle

Posted by: Amanda | 2009/12/02

I have tried SS but with terrible side effects. I am still having headaches and tiriedness and I eat everything I see. It is just a big fat lie.

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: H.L | 2009/12/02

I considered this too but i have decided not to take it. i googled complaints about simply slim and found out that there are lots of side effects.
If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
People has lost lots of weight on this pill but what are the long term effects.
Your body is a temple - dont put " stuff"  in it that can harm you.
Rather exercise and eat right AND READ DR PHIL' S weight loss book. I know its tough and we all want a quick fix but I am not willing to put my health at risk.

Reply to H.L
Posted by: H | 2009/12/02

NO

Reply to H
Posted by: H | 2009/12/02

NO

Reply to H