Question
Posted by: Sam | 2010/02/11

Simply Slim After Effects

Hi, my husband and I have been on diet since November last year. We did extremely well, losing about 10kg' s in two months, eating as per the weight watchers points. Obviously, in January our weight loss slowed down - to approx 1kg per week each. We decided to start taking Simply Slim to help boost our weight loss (it being 100% natural - or so we thought) We had been taking it daily for exactly one month, until 03 Feb, when our box finished and we decided not to continue as it had not helped with our weight loss. Today is 11 Feb and neither of us has lost ANY weight since stopping Simply Slim, in fact, my husband has PUT on 3kg' s. I think this is water retention, when on Simply Slim, my hydration level was at around 20% every day, WAY below the normal 50%, my water retention is now at 40%. Am I correct in thinking this is our body replacing the water that Simply Slim had removed? What other effects can we expect after stopping the pills? How long before we start experiencing weight loss again - is there anything else we need to do? We have both stuck with our diet for four months, and this frustrating experience is not helping!

Dear Sam
The diuretic and laxative herbs in Simply Slim, namely Alisma orientalis and Cassia seed plus Aloe vera (respectively) will have caused pronounced water losses while you were taking the tablets, as mirrored by your 20% hydration level (this is quite a dangerous level by the way!). The increase in weight your hubby has experienced is very probably due to re-uptake of liquid to hydrate his system again to normal levels. It is impossible to predict what long-term effects may occur with the use of Simply Slim because no scientific studies have been done on the product. As regards your mutual weightloss programme, I can only recommend that you add moderate daily exercise to your regimen, such as going for a brisk walk every day for about 30 min. Exercise can speed up your metabolism and promote weightloss. Also check that you are still eating the same number of kJ as during the first two months, because it is easy to slowly start eating a bit more over time.

1

Dear Sam