Question
Posted by: Dee | 2010/07/12

Simply Slim

Hi.
Simply Slim new ingredients -
: Bitter Orange 29.6% (Citrus Aurantium)
: Cassia Seed Extract 17.6% (Cassia Obtusifolia L)
: Water Plantain 12.8% (Alisma Orientalis)
: Lotus Leaf Powder 8% (Nelumbo nucifera)
: L-Carnitine fumerate 3.2%
: Aloe Ferox powder 2.4%
: Evening Primrose powder 1.2%
: Other Ingredients 25.2%

Who knows what " other ingredients"  are.
I am one of the foolish ones duped by this product. I would like to expose this misleading product somehow. Please advise

Dear Dee
You are a ***Star*** for providing me with the list of ingredients of the 'new' Simply Slim and saving me R590.00. Much appreciated for saving me that money. The Bitter Orange contains synephrine which can act as an appetite suppressant and may cause the same side-effects as epinephrine - the most troublesome of which is addiction. The cassia seed extract and aloe are laxatives which can cause diarrhoea and dehydration if taken in excess. The Water Plantain or Alisma Orientalis is a diuretic which will cause weightloss by loss of water, but not fat loss. L-carnitine should not be used by anyone with thyroid problems. Lotus leaf is listed as an aphrodisiac in my herbal reference, so I am not sure why it is being added to a slimming product! The evening primrose powder is probably harmless. Thus this is the same formulation as before except for the 'hidden' sibutramine, which has obviously been removed for which I am grateful. I agree that 'The other ingredients' listing is something to worry about because there is no way of knowing what 25% of the product contains??? Individuals are able to approach the Advertising Standards Association (Tel: (011) 781-2006 or e-mail: info@ asasa.org.za) or you can phone the Medicines Control Council at the Department of Health in Pretoria (012) 312-0000.
Thank you once again

1

Dear Dee
Thank you once again