Question
Posted by: bekommerd | 2010/01/27

simply slim

Na aanleiding van die koerantberigte ppr dokters wat se dat simply slim hartprobleme veroorsaak, is ek bekommerd. Mag dokter n opinie daarorr gee, of nie, asb?

Hallo Bekommerd
Diet doc dink nie dis 'n goeie idee nie..
"Here is the evaluation: The fact that a product contains so-called 'natural' or 'herbal' ingredients is no guarantee that it is safe - some of the most potentially harmful products are made from herbs. The Bitter Orange Extract contains synephrine and is an appetite suppressant. Synephrine is a form of epinephrine that can cause a whole list of negative side-effects including palpitations, insomnia, psychotic states and wost of all, addiction. Other forms of epinephrine have been banned in over-the-counter products and I would not recommend that slimmers should use any product that contains synephrine. Cassia seed and aloe vera are laxatives that may cause loss of normal bowel movements and dehydration if taken in excess. The L-carnitine should not be taken by anyone with thyroid problems as it suppresses thyroid function.
I am not sure why the Lotus or Water Lily is being added to a slimming product because it is basically used as an aphrodisiac! It may be added to make you "feel euphoric" as the one advertisement for Blue Lotus states.
The Evening Primrose oil, and dietary fibre should not be harmful and the dextrose is probably added as a sweetener to improve the taste.
My recommendation would be not to use this kind of product and to rather stick to a low-fat, balanced diet and regular exercise to achieve safe, sensible weightloss."

3
Posted by: bekommerd | 2010/01/27

dankie, ek het so gedoen - lyk nie of dietdoc baie daarvan hou nie. tog wil ek graag cyberdoc se opinie hoor!

Reply to bekommerd
Posted by: Lala | 2010/01/27

Gaan lees bietjie op Dietdoc se forum - en hellopeterdotcom se website oor simply slim - dan besluit jy of jy dit gaan of nog wil gebruik.

Reply to Lala
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/27

Hallo Bekommerd

Reply to cyberdoc