Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/25

Simply Slim

I have read various things about this product. Some people have lost loads of weight and are doing well. Others who have not followed the full program (don' t eat properly or don' t take the vitamin and mineral suppliments or don' t drink all the water) have become very ill.

What is your take on this product? It is very expensive, so before I try it, I want to know all there is to know about it.

Dear Me
Last year a Reader kindly sent me the list of ingredients in the Simply Slim product and this is the answer I gave her: The fact that a product contains so-called 'natural' or 'herbal' ingredients is no guarantee that it is safe - some of the most potentially harmful products are made from herbs. The Bitter Orange Extract contains synephrine and is an appetite suppressant. Synephrine is a form of epinephrine that can cause a whole list of negative side-effects including palpitations, insomnia, psychotic states and wost of all, addiction. Other forms of epinephrine have been banned in over-the-counter products and I would not recommend that slimmers should use any product that contains synephrine. Cassia seed and aloe vera are laxatives that may cause loss of normal bowel movements and dehydration if taken in excess. The L-carnitine should not be taken by anyone with thyroid problems as it suppresses thyroid function.
I am not sure why the Lotus or Water Lily is being added to a slimming product because it is basically used as an aphrodisiac! It may be added to make you "feel euphoric" as the one advertisement for Blue Lotus states.
The Evening Primrose oil, and dietary fibre should not be harmful and the dextrose is probably added as a sweetener to improve the taste.
My recommendation would be not to use this kind of product and to rather stick to a low-fat, balanced diet and regular exercise to achieve safe, sensible weightloss.

8
Posted by: Unsure | 2010/02/10

Now that the product has been recalled and banned, what happens to the people that have purchased it already, do they still continue taking it?

Reply to Unsure
Posted by: Happy SS User | 2010/02/09

I' ve used Simply Slim since November 2009 and I can honestly say that it is a great product and I have also had none of the negative side effects that have been blasted all over the news.

I was very skeptical at first but after reading up on the product and speaking to the agents I decided to give it a try as it was a lot more affordable than the supplements etc I was using on a monthly basis.

I' ve lost 8Kgs and feel great. My sugar craving has all but disappeared, I don' t have that late afternoon dip (suicide hour as far as snacking is concerned). I used it exactly as they said with the required break in between as well as going to the gym. I train hard and use a heart rate monitor to control my training zone and have not experienced any negative side effects.

The size of my lunch and dinner servings decreased. I still eat 4 times a day. Breakfast, Mid morning snack, Lunch and Dinner.

I think that as with anything, sometimes a product, diet plan etc, works for some and not for others and as individuals we need find what works for us . I' ve only heard great things from the ppl I know that have used Simply Slim.

I hope that this product will be available again as it really does work.

Reply to Happy SS User
Posted by: ann | 2010/01/28

To Lica
Please advise what diet were you asked to use, have used SS no side effects but did not lose.

Reply to ann
Posted by: Lica | 2010/01/27

I have been on Simply Slim for approximately 3 months now, with absolutely no side effects, or any strange feelings. I follow the diet that they advised me to use, and I have lost a wonderful 10 kgs. I have loads of energy, I have improved my eating habbits and drink about 3 litres of water per day! Unhealthy foods are no longer in my diet! I look great, and feel even better! For the first time in years, I am proud of my body!! Thank you Simply Slim, for changing my life!

Reply to Lica

Dear Me

Posted by: Becareful of this product | 2010/01/25

Do not use it. very bad side effects. and you will pick up all the weight if not more when you stop it. it is also not all natural and it is not safe. there have been a lot of complaints about this product. no one knows what damage it does in the long run. you cannot buy your health back. some people say it works but who knows what damage it has done to their nervous system and their body.

Reply to Becareful of this product
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2010/01/25

PLEASE DONT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! THERE WAS AN ARTICLE TODAY IN " VOLKSBLAD"  (25/01/2010) SIMPLY SLIM IS NOT WHAT 100% SAFE. I WAS ON IT - SIDE AFFECTS. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. ALSO READ ON " HALLOPETER"  NEARLY NO ONE HAS A GOOD WORD!

Reply to MICHELLE
Posted by: Helena | 2010/01/25

I was on it. I did everything to the book. I even printed the strict diet on their webpage. I lost 2kg' s the whole month. When I was on Weight Watchers, I lost 5kg' s a month. It' s not worth R520.00!!

Reply to Helena