Posted by: ruby | 2009-08-19

simply slim

please advise if you have tried this diet. what results did you have.

Dear Ruby
I trust that the other Readers are giving you feedback on the Simply Slim diet. Another Reader provided me with a list of ingredients in the Simply Slim product and these are the potential effects the ingredients may have: The fact that a product contains so-called 'natural' or 'herbal' ingredients is no guarantee that it is safe - some of the most potentially harmful products are made from herbs. The Bitter Orange Extract contains synephrine and is an appetite suppressant. Synephrine is a form of epinephrine that can cause a whole list of negative side-effects including palpitations, insomnia, psychotic states and wost of all, addiction. Other forms of epinephrine have been banned in over-the-counter products and I would not recommend that slimmers should use any product that contains synephrine. Cassia seed and aloe vera are laxatives that may cause loss of normal bowel movements and dehydration if taken in excess. The L-carnitine should not be taken by anyone with thyroid problems as it suppresses thyroid function.
I am not sure why the Lotus or Water Lily is being added to a slimming product because it is basically used as an aphrodisiac! It may be added to make you "feel euphoric" as the one advertisement for Blue Lotus states.
The Evening Primrose oil, and dietary fibre should not be harmful and the dextrose is probably added as a sweetener to improve the taste.
My recommendation would be not to use this kind of product and to rather stick to a low-fat, balanced diet and regular exercise to achieve safe, sensible weightloss.

Posted by: Claudia | 2009-08-25

I started taking Simply Slim on Sunday, i feel great. It makes you very thirsty which is good as you need to drink the water and it takes my appetite away which is excellent cause now i eat much smaller portions. The only side effect that i have is that i can' t sleep at night. But if it helps to get rid of the extra kilos then ill keep on taking it. I also have stock if anyone wants to Claudia 082 682 6940

Reply to Claudia
Posted by: Gemini | 2009-08-19

I recently bought Simply Slim. I started on Monday. The first day I had this horrible cold feeling and it feels completely if somebody is holding and squeezing my heart. I have lots of energy but cant sleep at night and my heart rate goes through the roof in the gym.. I am trying to find out why. It has a ingredient in similar to Efedrine

Reply to Gemini