Question

Simply cannot lose weight

Hi there, since Sep 09, I have cut coffee down to 2 cups on a weekend and as far as gluten goes, perhaps 1 piece of bread or a muffin or 2 on the weekends. I have taken so many supplements. I only have 6 kgs to lose but the scale will not move and I train EVERY morning Mon to Fri for at least 30 minutes. I have given up the Pill and Zyrtec. What is the problem here? I am beginning to think that this is all so not worth it.

Dear Simply Cannot Lose Weight
I can't figure out if you are cutting out gluten because you are allergic to it or because you believe it will cause weightloss? You don't seem to be seriously allergic to gluten if you can eat bread and muffins on weekends. Cutting down on carbohydrates (which do not by the way all contain gluten) to lose weight is not as effective as reducing your fat intake and/or total energy intake. You also don't mention your present BMI or height in metres and weight in kg so that I can judge if you are overweight or not. If your weight is already in the normal range then it is difficult to lose additional weight. The exercise is excellent and will help. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a balanced, low-fat diet which you can use if you are not allergic to gluten.

1

Dear Simply Cannot Lose Weight