Question
Posted by: Andrew | 2010-04-19

SImple carbs before lifting and cardio?

so i now you are suppose to eat fast digesting(simple) carbs and protein after you lift or run. problem is, i workout and then run right after. so should i eat fast digesting(simple) carbs and protein after i get done with lifting and running?or should i eat some fast digesting(simple) carbs and protein after i lift and then eat some more fast digesting(simple) carbs and protein after I''m done running?

Hi Andrew

No, not necessarily. There's no "supposed to", and the idea is to eat those more rapidly available carbs before and during exercise. But afterwards, that doesn't necessarily apply.

The science tells us that a meal after exercise, within the first 60 minutes, is helpful to replenish fuel stores and that this meal should consist of BOTH protein and glycogen.

So I'd go for that, after you finish training.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-04-30

Hi Andrew

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Andrew | 2010-04-19

it is suppose to be after in the title*

Reply to Andrew