Posted by: Jade | 2009-02-26

Similar product to Clomicalm for cats

I am the lady whose sister passed on and I had to rehome her 2 cats.

The problem is the little one (who is a year old and was a rescue - she' d lived all her life at the rescue) is attacking the new owner' s cat. Only the one though, the other one seems to have no problem with this new very tiny arrival. Asides from trying the Feliway, do you get a product similar to Clomicalm for felines? My rescue Jack Russell has been on Clomicalm and the results have been absolutely amazing. I know people will criticise me for medicating my dog, but don' t we get medication from our GP' s when we are sick?

Useful advise will be much appreciated. If we can' t sort this out I have no choice but to return her to the shelter.

Dear Jade

I would give it longer before trying medication for the cat. Try a water spray bottle to try and teach her not to attack.