Question
Posted by: chippy | 2010-04-06

Simba craving

How long does fat stay in the stomach?
I''ve got a terrible craving for chips (crisps) today (this is something i struggle with every few days), yet i don''t need all that FAT! If I eat some chips now, I''d only be able to get rid of the calories tonight, would it still be possible for me to get rid of it 3 hours after I''ve eaten them?

Dear Chippy
What do you mean "getting rid of the calories tonight?" Do you mean by exercise or by induced vomiting? If you are bulimic and intend getting rid of the food you have eaten by inducing vomiting then you need expert help. If you intend exercising to use up the energy then well and good. Digestion in the stomach takes about 4 hours.
If you are bulimic then please get help from clinical psychologist (they are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you), to help you work out what underlying psychological problems are driving you to self-destruct and to learn most positive ways of dealing with these problems. You should also consult a clinical dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area.
Take care

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-04-06

Dear Chippy
Take care