Question
Posted by: Finished/Enough | 2012/10/18

Silent Treatment - continues

Morning All

Yesterday I broke the " silent treament"  i''ve been receiving. How? I said i will never again fight with him for not coming home after closing his business (he stays with friends) BUT i will live from now on i will no longer expect him home i will just do what i want to do. I will not wait for supper to be served. I will not wait to do or go anywhere I will live and do what I want when I want and with whom I want.

Silent treatment has ended and he''s all nice but i will keep my promise. No longer sitting home waiting that he comes home. He wants to sit at work with the boys then I can go play with the girls.

Lets see how that works.

Just make sure that you behave sensibly and do things you actually want to do and which actually benefit you, rather than just doing stuff to spite him !
I like your proposal to potentially include him in the invitation to the restaurant, allowing him the option of behaving like a grow-up, but making it no big deal wither he does or doesn't.

11
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/23

I mean, he has come to learn that you are not taking all his nonsense like he''s expected, and therefore he''s shown an improvement. If you are going to stay angry with him then whats the point of living together?

Reply to Leila
Posted by: apple | 2012/10/23

@ Leila

he has treated me like i dont exist for a long time. i am still angry at him. We used to have a happy family.

Reply to apple
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/19

@Apple why dont you care now since he is making an effort? Although your man became much nicer you ignored him?

Reply to Leila
Posted by: apple | 2012/10/19

hi
thats the spirit girl you can not change an adult let alone a man. i love your proposal too. as for me this week things seem different he was much nicer of which i dont care he took care of the kids i had a flu bug he even made dinner hahahaha. i go to the gym too take care of your self maam you can even start a new wardrobe. good luck

Reply to apple
Posted by: lolly | 2012/10/18

kwaaaaaaaaa!you go girl you killed me with your eleven comandments you relieved my stress as i''m also dealing with the same situation and asking myself why did i get married shoo aikhona.

Reply to lolly
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/18

I am sure that by taking hold of your life you will feel much calmer and in control now. I like your attitude and your change for the better. He has actually made you braver!

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Finished/Enough | 2012/10/18

8 year i go to work, come home, look/feed/help his kids as well as mine, house runs smoothly, garden looks pretty. I don''t " JOL" , I don''t lie, I don''t steal, I don''t cheat (all things the x did to him) and what do I get? He stay''s later and later with the boys.

So no more. Thanks for the good wishes. I just told a gf that we should go for supper Saturday she say who is " we"  I said whomever makes it to the restaurant at a certain time if he is there he is if not he is not.

Kids are teenagers they need to be dropped and collected which I will still do.

Sent him a pic that said : Children do not need your presents they need your presence.

But yes no more Mrs. Good Girl, joining a gym too.

Angel - I''ve tried everything in the book - nothing works so now I will make ME happy. I am more lonely in this relationship than if I was single.

Because his wife cheated on him and all the bad stuff I have been an open book, always letting him know where I am etc. But it does not get returned.

NO MORE

Reply to Finished/Enough
Posted by: Leila | 2012/10/18

Hi Finished/Enough...Wow! Good luck with your new turn in life! Im so happy that you have taken control of your life now! He has not appreciated you for the person you are and now and now you have taken matters in your own hands. That is a good way to go. You will feel so much better about yourself - and those around you.

Reply to Leila
Posted by: Angel | 2012/10/18

Hi de Finished

Hw do u do it?m also suffering from the silent treatment and would love to turn it back on him but i cant,any advice?

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Michelle | 2012/10/18

You go, girl!

Just go with the flow and also enjoy yourself and go out with friends.

Good luck.

Reply to Michelle