Question
Posted by: KEA | 2012/08/06

SILENCE

Ive know this guy for the past 3 yrs and we always knew that we wanted to be together. this yr march we finally made the decision to be together and things got serious from the onset and he even proposed. he introduced me to his family and evryone around his circle and told them his intentions about me. My family knows about him and my son is crazy about him. But the begining of July he withdrew completely from the relationship and doesn''t take nor return my calls or messages. He ignores me completely and woudn''t tell me whats happening. I decided to give him his space to work out whatever issues that are bothering him. But do I still wait and hope he''ll come back and things will go back to normal or do I just move on and forget about him? what will actually cause a guy to suddenly do this when nothing was wrong with the relationship and we were perfectly happy? please advice

Lets see what other readers have to say here. There could be very many explanations for his withdrawl from the relationship, but there is jno excuse for being so rude and unkind as to do so without explaining this to you. Are there any mutual friends or members of his family you know well enough to be able to ask them if they know what's going on ? Maybe you need to be prepared to move on, and hope the mystery will be clarified at some time.

5
Posted by: LERATO | 2012/08/08

To love someone who does n''t love u is very difficult.Since you are introduced to his family ,try to speak to his family or his best friend about this.I think his family might help u,as well be prepare yourself for the consequences because you dont know what he is thinking.Wish u all the best and hope he will come back,even he want to break up but is better to have a closure .He is very rude i wish he can see your heart.BE STRONG AND KOOK FOR THE GOOD IN THE BAD .

Reply to LERATO
Posted by: Obvious | 2012/08/06

It is now the beginning of August. Why would you want to pursue a guy who has not contacted you in over a month.
Whatever his reasons l think you must accept he is not close enough to you to communicate his reasons for ignoring you - therefore you 2 are no where near close enough to wed.
Love is about respect he has shown u no respect in his action of dumping you.

Going forward maybe learn that becoming romantically involved only in March it was much to soon to decide to commit to each other for life so quickly! Perhaps concentrate on your son who must equally be mystified and traumatised. Remember in future relationships to go much slower as its not just about u when children are involved.

l hope you find love and happiness in the future.

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Maria | 2012/08/06

Unfortunately there is no handbook for guys that tells you why they might go silent on a relationship that was showing a lot of promise. Perhaps he felt you moved too fast and he got scared? Maybe he is in trouble in some way and doesn''t want to tell you? And then the one you''re probably scared of, maybe there is someone else. Whatever the case may be, it is really immature of him to leave you hanging and it does beg the question of whether both of you were really ready to get married?

It''s hard to advise you on this one. If you want to pursue it, maybe try to speak to one of his family members, since he did introduce you to them?

It will be hard to move on, not knowing what went wrong or why, but I think you must consider doing that. Take care.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: KEA | 2012/08/06

Yes there is one friend whom I asked but he was just as suprised. It seems like he hasnt said anything to anybody. Ill wait for response from other readers. THANKS

Reply to KEA