Question
Posted by: skin cancer | 2008-11-18

signs of skin cancer

I am 60 female and have an average white south african skin. I have a lot of tan freckles on my arms but that doesn' t bother me. I have two red bumps on my nose almost looking like little blisters but they aren' t, which have been the same for 10 years and I have a tiny flat patch of redness on my cheek (about 2 years old) as well as a light brown mole (about 2 years old) on my other cheek. I don' t want to waste money on a specialist and lab tests but i just want to avoid cancer. Are these cause for concern?

Dear Skin cancer
Signs of skin cancer are
ABCD - Asymmetry of the lesion, irregular Border, variations in Colour, Diameter larger than a pencil eraser. Also bleeding, itching, changing of shape, quick growth, a sore that does not heal.
Your GP can evaluate the lesions for you