Question
Posted by: ZOH | 2008/05/27

SIDE EFFECTS OF TB TREATMENT ?

HI DOC . MY SISTER HAS JUST STARTED TB TREATMENT NOW SHE IS SUFFERING FROM BAD EYE SIGHT SUDDENLY.

SHE SAID SHE CANNOT SEE CARS - HOW FAR IS THE CAR WHEN CROSSING THE ROAD.

Lonah says:
hi!
my family member went though the same thing, and now he is blind and was told that he might not get his sight back.
after a month of tb treatment he went completely blind. It is so sad.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I am not aware that TB treatment can cause blindness. I do however, know for a fact that it can caused blurred vision and colour blindness to red and green. I therefore, recommend that your sister consults the doctor who prescribed the TB treatment, as he/she will be aware of any other medication that she is taking (like diabetic drugs etc) that might have an influence on the TB drugs.

Kind regards