Posted by: In pain | 2010-02-14

Side effects of meds

I' m getting severe skin infections in my face due to side effects of anitbiotic treatments, started as blisters and got way worse. This is now scarring badly. Im now on reaccutane to treat the side effect infections from the antibiotics which of course is causing other side effects in me like joint pain (cant bend my fingers), fatique, eye dryness, dry skin. Is there a better way to treat the infections? Another medication I can use. The doc put me on a very low dose but I' m still suffering. It makes no sense getting more side effects again form meds.

Unfortunately, you are providing too little information, in order for me to give advice. I do however, suggest that you consult a dermatologist and pose these questions to him/her. Roaccutane is very strong medication with nasty side-effects and should only be used as a last resort.

Acne of the face is usually caused by Propionibacterium acnes, as well as hormonal changes that influence the production of sebacious material from the follicles of the face. I am uncertain what the cause of your acne is, as well as the grade/severity thereof. Hence, I suggest that you consult a dermatologist to get the answers to these questions and to receive the best optimum treatment.

Posted by: In pain | 2010-02-14

I' ve also been on 5 days cortizone with anotbiotics for the infections caused by anitbiotics- this makes no sense to give me mroe anitbiotics -but it did not work

Reply to In pain