Question
Posted by: Trevor | 2010/09/13

Side effects of antidepressants on bones and body

I was recently diagnosed with major depression and stress and put onto chronic medication - cymbalta 60 mg (generic is cymgen 60 mg) tablets which I take daily. It improved my mood and spirit after about 6 months on it, but did introduce some side effects like excessive sweating, shortness of breath, tiredness, sore throat, muscle weakness etc. Will these tablets have any bad long term effects on my bones or other parts of the body? Please advise me on this issue.
Thanx.
Kind regards.
Trevor.
(You can e-mail me your reply).

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Sent mail

2
Posted by: A. VERMEULEN | 2011/01/09

I''VE BEEN USING CYMGEN 60 FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER THE FOLLOWING COULD BE LINKED TO SIDE EFFECTS OF CYMGEN.

IT FEELS AS THOUGH I''M TRAPPED IN SOMEBODY ELSES BODY.

* ABNORMAL SWEATING
* SHAKING (JITTERS)
* ABNORMAL WEIGHT GAIN (12KG IN 4 MNTH)
* HOT FLUSHES
* RESTLESS
* TIREDNESS (MOSTLY DURING THE DAY)
* THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOM SEEMS TO REPEAT ITSELF OVER AND OVER - BLOCKED EARS. GP CAN" T FIND ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY. AFTER USING HIGH DOSSAGES OF ANTI - BIOTICS, AND CORTIZONE INJECTIONS THEY PRESCRIBE IT TO CYMGEN?????

REGARDS.
THANK YOU.

Reply to A. VERMEULEN
Posted by: Dina | 2010/11/03

I have stopped Cymgen60 7 days ago. I feel terrible, from insomnia, headaches, sore body. I will have to go back and see the doctor. I just could not live on medication forever...

Reply to Dina