Question
Posted by: elle | 2010/09/30

side effects of allergy meds and cortisone

A thought just occurred to me- I use allergy meds for sinusitus almost throughout the year and I use cortisone whenever my rotator cuff syndrome flares up badly - for the pain and inflammation-and also when my allergy doesn''t respond to allergy meds, so am I compromising my immune system and could I be more likely to get an infection or even a cancer than someone who doesn''t use these meds?.

Hallo Elle
Chronic (daily) use of cortisone can supress immunity and some allergy medications may cause a drop in the white blood cells (also important for immunity) You can check with a full blood count blood test.