Question
Posted by: worried | 2012-02-03

Side effects

im 15weeks pregnant and hiv positive, i started taking AZT yeaterday (01/02) and i developed a chest pain that''s so painfull and becomes worse when im trying to swallow, is this could be side effects

Yes, it is possible that it is a side effect. I suggest that you treat the possible reflux with Gaviscon Plus, three times daily before meals. Reflux gastritis is very common during pregnancy and Gaviscon is safe to use during pregnancy. If this does not alleviate your symptoms, I suggest that you consult your doctor.