Question
Posted by: Gesiggie | 2010/10/10

Side effect of Lexamil?

I have been taking 5mg Cipralex since Jan. this year. The Psyciatrist increased my dosage to 10mg Lexamil, 3 days ago. I am VERY dizzy when i get up and don''t feel so good - very tired. Is this just a side effect of the higher dosage?

I wish I knew why so many people are on Cipralex, when they might be better suited on other antidepressants. The usual daily dose would be 10 mg a day. What you describe sounds like it may well be side-effects of the higher dose, though after some 8 months on the low dose ( unusually low ) I wouldn't expect you to be so affected by an increase to the usual dose. You should call and ask your prescribing shrink about this, and maybe he/she should consider alternative medications, as Cipralex is only one of dozens of available alternatives.

1