Posted by: Chrissie | 2009-02-03

Side effect of Ibupain Forte

Hi Pharmacist

I was at doctor yesterday with quite a bit of scary symptoms. Headaches, Neck pain, back pain, glands swollen and body feels very tired. I had no fever. Oh yes my throat is also sore.

He gave me an injection and Ibupain Forte (2 tablets 3 x daily). I had last night (about an hour after tablets) all over my body the feeling as if an ant walks on me, itching here, itching there, but no rash. Could this be an allergic reaction, or do you think it was my imagination?

I am so scared that I might have meningitis, but the doctor gave me the above and called it a virus. Please help.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Ibupain Forte is a generic of Myprodol - It contains paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine. If you had a prior allergic reaction to any of these, then stop taking the drug an d phone your doctor. Otherwise I's suggest taking another dose and see if the symptoms repeat

Im tripin on these pills

Posted by: jenni | 2015-11-30

Hi please help I had carpel tunnel and bilateral surgery on both my wrists. I was placed on ibupain but after a 3 days I started itching and noticed a creamy white discharge. Could ibupain give a yeast or Virginia infection. Tx Jen

Reply to jenni
Posted by: pp | 2014-05-08

i broke a hand and the doctor gave me ibupain forte so been takin them nw every part of my feels in flames and pains...anbd high fever

Reply to pp
Posted by: Attie Labuscgane | 2014-04-09

Hi I am not into allopathic medicine but this stuff is potent, After two teeth extracts I took 2 tabs 2x and did not have a semblance of pain. At midnight I woke with slight pain and took one capsule and slept like a log. No side affects though.

Reply to Attie Labuscgane