Posted by: kirsty | 2011-04-06

Sick with flu-like symptoms for 5 weeks

I have been sick for 5 weeks. I rest on the weekend, feel ok Monday and Tues and feel flu-y with swollen glands and a sore throat from Wed. I am exhausted all the time. I had a vit b injection which didn''t help, and the doc put me onto Numoxx 400mg for 5 days - I''m still sick. My sister in law has glandular fever - can I have caught it? What should I do?

Unfortunately, there are many different causes for chronic malaise/tiredness. You doctor will have to do blood tests to exclude the possibility of glandular fever. Glandular fever is a viral infection that often cause tiredness and flu like symptoms and can last for a couple of weeks.

Posted by: evette | 2011-08-07

good evening. i took one numoxx tablet yesterday, and i got this terrible burning sensation in my whole body. im allergic to penicilen, had to go trauma unit where they ran some blood tests. feels a lot better, feel a bit dizzy, at least no more burning senstion. what caused this reaction?

Reply to evette