Question
Posted by: cm | 2008/07/08

sick & tired of pain - Dr's no help

Im so sick of being in pain! I suffer from chronic pain in the colon area due to colon surgery 5 years ago (lower part due to gangerine). I also had a G & C scope 2 weeks ago but had uncontrollable runs and pain since then. 1 GP said colon just very inflamed but Im so uncomfortable or sore I just feel like dying. Coloflac, Scopex Co, Buscopan, etc, etc DO NOT GIVE RELIEF. It feels like my stomach is pushing up into my chest. Now I dont know if that where the chest pain is stemming from cause I have been having bad chest pain aswell and the doc's say its inflammation. Used tabs 3 - 4 weeks ago (fninshed) but not getting better. PLEASE IM DESPERATE, IM IN PAIN & ITS REALLY BRINGING ME DOWN. CAN U PLS HELP ME!

Dear CM
You may need antibiotics like Flagyl for the inflamed bowel. Another medication that works well for this type of inflammation is Salazopyrine - but you will need a prescription from a doctor. Do you have a gastroenterologist you can see? Try going just on fluid diet for a few days - clear fluids like apple, grape juice and clear soups and jelly and take a probiotic 3 times a day in the mean time. Try a hot water bottle on your tummy for the pain - not too hot, just comfortably warm.

1
Posted by: ann | 2008/07/08

Find a specialist!

Reply to ann