Posted by: Binky | 2012-02-20

Sick of feeling sick

Hi Doctor

I hope you can help. I am female, just turned 50 years. 3 weeks ago I had flu which started in my chest and then moved upwards to my head. After 2 weeks I was still chesty so went to my GP, who prescribed Numoxx 400. I had such a dreadful reaction after taking the first tablet (heart palpitations, restless legs, tremors and insomnia that night) that I phoned my GP who told me to stop taking it immediately. I am currently on Cardorcor 2.5mg for occasional extrasystole (which disappears when I do Treadmill ECG) , Simvastatin 10mg for cholestrol and Alzam 0.25 for anxiety attacks. In January went for my check-up at Gynae - everything came back normal. Last week I had blood work done - results: Thyroid normal, Blood sugar normal, Cholesterol 5.2, but my estrogen levels are lower than normal, so my doc said I am probably peri-menopausal. The thing is every morning (even before I had the flu) I feel just awful, I feel a bit dizzy and fuzzy, very lethargic, headaches, and little shaky inside. Gradually later in the morning I start feeling more like my " old"  self. I hate this horrible feeling of general malaise. Once again this morning I feel dreadful, and even had my blood pressure taken : 120/81. I am at an absolute loss at to what this could be but I just can''t take starting each day feeling so awful - especially when at work. What else would you suggest I investigate? I''m a bit shy to ask my doctor again, as he probably thinks I am a hypochrondriac, and I don''t want to waste his time, but I do know that at the beginning of every day I don''t feel well. Sorry about the novel ,,,,,, :)

There are a multitude of possible causes for your symptoms and I suggest that you reconsult your doctor for further tests or a referral to a specialist. Refer to the following link for detailed information about the possible causes:

Dear Doctor 3 weeks ago I went to a prostitute and she performed oral sex on me with a condom. A day later I developed testicular pain. A day later I received some antibiotics namely ceftriaxone 250 mg IM in a single dose and doxycycline 200 mg for 10 days. Because the symptoms never disappeared I was prescribed cefixime 400mg and 1g azithromycin in a single dose and some anti inflammatory 400mg celebrex per day. I went for a urine test that was normal. The pain still comes and goes. Why is this? I was stupid to perform such a thing but what do you suggest?

Posted by: johanna | 2014-10-08

Please can you help me, I have a cold and the doctor prescribed Numoxx 400mg and Pulmosin 20mg I took this for days and I developed blur vision and cold sore. I saw on the web this is side effect that can accur. I went and check my sugar levels and all of a sudden it was 8,2 I don't know what is going on could this be of the medicine because I never had a problem in this regard. I went back to my GP and he gave me a new script for Zinnat 500grm but I am to scared to take it, please HELP what must I do. Looking forward to response. Regards Johanna

Reply to johanna