Question
Posted by: RT | 2012/07/18

Sick of being fat! :-(

I was raised in the old fashened boere way with fool like rys vleis and artapels.

I have tried all diets that i could get my hands on but because i do not like the diet food i never stick it out. It usually last 2 weeks at the most.

I do not know what to do any more. My thinking is rather eat nothing than eating the dull diet food.

Do you perhaps have advise or a diet that i can follow that will help me loss weight?

Please I really need help. I''m scared i will not see my kids grow up.

Dear RT
You don't mention how much you weigh so that I can estimate how much weight you need to lose. However, the most sensible approach to weightloss is still a reduction in energy intake and an increase in energy output. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day. Many overweight patients tend to do better if they join a slimming organisation such as Weight Watchers or Weigh-Less, so if you can find one these organisations in your area, I would recommend that you join up and attend the group sessions as this strengthens the dieter's resolve and will give you moral support to persevere.
Give it one more try with some help this time.

1

Dear RT