Question
Posted by: Atle | 2010-09-09

Sick leave and annual leave

Please assist me with the following, i have been employed for almost 4years now and i have not taken a annual leave and my employer refused the first time i wanted to take it, since 2008 i have not been well so i have been on treatment few months ago my employer called me and sad that he has noticed that i have been going to the doctor while he can see that i am not even ill and that he would take me to his doctor and that the doctor will declare me unfit to work for any position. explain to me what that meant cause he never explained to me what he meant by that. Yesterday he made a memo that if we do not take our leave before the 31st December 2010 we will forfiet the same but asked my other colleague to count my sick leave from this year and see how many leave days i have left is this fair labour practice or is it unfair labour practice. what should i do because i try my outmost best to be as healthy as possible is it my fault that my heart has a problem and i am under treatment. Please i need assistant with this matter.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: Sick leave and Annual leave

You must have your annual leave every year. They cannot refuse to give this to you. If you have a further problem with it you are entitled to contact the Department of Labour and an Inspector will force them to give you this leave. Likewise if a doctuor has declared you unfit for work then you are entitled to take this time off.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010-09-16

RE: Sick leave and Annual leave

Reply to Labour Lawyer