Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2011-02-15

sick leave

Can company demand a doctor''s note if employees are sick prior / after weekends &  public holidays?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

There can be an internal agreement that requires the employee to do this. These days are always going to be subject to abuse,which occurs frequently. The employer has to implement some form of managing the scourge of false and fraudulent sick leave claims.

2
Posted by: Indy | 2011-05-06

That''s 2 cevler by half and 2x2 clever 4 me. Thanks!

Reply to Indy
Posted by: Casey | 2011-02-15

a Company can require a doctors note if an employee is sick on a Friday or a Monday. If I can remember correctly, by law the employee must give the employer a sick note when sick on a Friday or Monday.

Reply to Casey