Question
Posted by: Clair | 2010/04/19

Sick leave

Hi, I would just like to know where i stand in terms of the larbour law with sick leave. As everytime i get sick and want to leave the office to go home or go to the doc my boss always makes excuses as to why i have to stay at work. I do not often take sick leave at all and when i do its when im really not feeling well, and i do not feel that this is fair on me at all!Is there something i can do about it or is this just the way life is?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: SICK LEAVE

If you are sick you have a right to see a doctor and certainly to have off. Your rights are contained in the basic conditions of employment act and cannot be in any way interfered with.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/04/29

RE: SICK LEAVE

Reply to labour lawyer