Question
Posted by: christelle | 2008-11-03

sick leave

My husband is working at his current job for 4 years. He has never taken any sick leave and has over 54 days sick leave.I was wondering if he should leave what happens to these days? Should he get payed out? Or do they expire?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

One only takes sick leave when one is sick you dont get paid out for it.

1
Posted by: anon | 2008-11-03

sick leave can never be paid out - if you dont use it then you dont use it. a lot of people abuse sick leave and " take their days"  because they know it cant be paid out but that is not wise. you could end up needing surgery or have an accident and then you will need those sick days.

Reply to anon